Thank you for your consideration in purchasing our handcrafted cheeses. We want to ensure that when you purchase our products, you have the best experience possible. For our perishable products to arrive in great condition, we can only ship Monday - Thursday depending on transit time. We do not ship over the weekend.
**Shipping times may be adjusted during peak times, holidays, or natural disasters.**
- Orders placed on Monday or Tuesday by 2 PM ET will arrive the same week.
- Orders placed Wednesday by 2 PM ET will arrive by Friday if;
- Two Day Select or Next day Air is the shipping method chosen by the customer.
- If the delivery is within a ground shipping area with a time in transit of 2 days or less.
- Most southeastern states qualify for ground shipping sent within 1-2 business days.
- Orders placed Thursday by 2 PM ET will arrive Friday if;
- Next Day Air is selected by the customer
- If the delivery is within a ground shipping area for time in transit of one day.
- Orders placed Friday – Sunday will be shipped and delivered the following week.
- If you place an order on Wednesday, unless you specify overnight delivery or you are in a one day ground shipping zone, your order will not be shipped until the following week.
How do you ship your products?
- We ship our cheeses using insulated liners with frozen gel packs to ensure that the product arrives in great condition. Each of the boxes in the shipment are recyclable and the ice packs are reusable. Currently, the insulated liner is not recyclable, but we are looking for more eco friendly options.
How can I track my order?
Once UPS has scanned your package, you will receive updated tracking information to the email or phone number provided when the order was placed. If you have trouble tracking your order, please do not hesitate contacting us email@example.com or (229) 227-0752.
Can I pick my shipping date?
- Currently our website does not allow choosing a specific week to ship. We are working on this and hope to fix in the near future. If you would like to choose a specific week, please contact us with your order number and we will happily accommodate.
How do you ensure that the cheese doesn’t spoil while in transit?
- Our number one goal is for you to receive our products in great condition. However, things do happen. When we ship products May - October, we do not want the product to be in transit longer than 2-3 days. From October - March, we allow the cheese to be in transit for 1-4 days depending on the temperature.
- In order for products to not get left in shipping warehouses or hot trucks over the weekend, we do not ship on Fridays or offer Saturday deliveries.
What if UPS has delayed or lost my package?
- Things happen and we understand. Please contact us and we will do everything possible to track down and/or replace your package.
Do you offer volume discounts?
- Yes, we offer volume discounts starting with orders of 10 or more. Please contact us if you are interested in purchasing 10+ orders. Corporate tier discounts are also available.
What if my ice packs are melted?
- The refrigerated packs are meant to prevent any extreme temperatures while en route to you. It’s perfectly normal for the ice packs to be melted. It’s a sign they have done their job!
How should I store my cheese?
- We recommend keeping it in one of your refrigerator drawers to help keep your cheese from drying out. If there isn’t room in one of the drawers, put it in a container with a lid, and you’ll essentially be doing the same thing. However, we do NOT recommend freezing any of our cheeses. The texture is just never quite the same.
What if the cheese grows mold?
- We do not use any mold inhibitors in our cheeses, so a little mold may develop in spots where the cheeses have been exposed to oxygen. This is perfectly normal, just trim the mold from the rest of the product, and continue enjoying!
What temperature should I serve the cheese?
- We like to unwrap our cheeses about an hour before we are wanting to serve them. This gives the cheese time to warm up to room temperature, which is where the complexities become most pronounced.
What is the best way to contact SGD with questions/concerns regarding online orders and when should I expect a response?
Please call (229) 227-0752 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will respond to inquiries during the week within 24 hours. After hours Friday – Sunday will be responded to the following Monday.
We are always striving to bring the best tasting products to you, your family, or your friend's table. We will do our best to ensure the cheese arrives in a timely manner and in great condition. Since we’re shipping a perishable product, we encourage you to let the recipient know so that they can be on the lookout for a package. Also, we recommend that you track the shipments yourself and follow up to confirm that the package has been received. If you’re unsatisfied, please reach out and give us clear details on the problem so we can refund or replace your order and improve our processes for future deliveries.
We are not responsible for spoiled or damaged products for the following:
- Incorrect addresses and/or missing apartment numbers, suites, etc.
- Gifts that are sent to recipients who are out of town or unable to receive.
- Gifts sent to businesses when closed.